I have had these bar stools for oh about 15 years. I have hated them for the last ten, but for some reason never threw them away. Even though it took me that long to actually like them again, I’m glad I kept them, as this blog has inspired me to update them not once but THREE TIMES. Here are inspiration ideas for three different upcycled bar stools.
These stools are very common. Even though they are so old, I still see them being sold in stores. Here is what I did to make these Upcycled Bar Stools.
Upcycled Bar Stools: The First Makeover
- Magic Eraser
- Paint Brush
- Staple Gun
- Polyester Fiber Fill
- After cleaning them with soap, water, and a sponge, I used a gray metallic spray paint to paint the legs. Spray paint quick and easy and cheap. Tip: The Magic Eraser with water works very well to clean surfaces (it truly magically erases!).
- For the seat cushions, you need your fabric of choice, a staple gun, scissors, and some type of filling. I used a polyester fiber fill, which is only about $2.99 a bag.
- Measure your material, depending on your seat size. I left about three inches on all sides.
- Place the desired amount of fiber fill on top, and then the stool on top of that. Make sure you add a substantial amount of fiber fill to cushion the top.
- Using a staple gun, pull the fabric taught and staple the fabric approximately a half an inch from the edge all the way around.
- Trim off excess fabric with scissors as close to the staples as possible to avoid excess fabric hang when the stools are right side up. Here are a few after photos.
UPcycled Bar Stools: The Second Makeover
Then, I moved and changed my craft room and made them over a second time. I wanted them to be emerald green and gold. You can see the full stool makeover post here. Here is the result.
Upcycled Bar stools: The THIRD Makeover
Of course, in all my home decor obsessiveness, I made them over AGAIN. This is how they currently look.
You can view this new craft room stool makeover in this video I made.
Should I make them over again??? Ha!
Other Trash to Treasure Projects:
Great Summer Cookout Recipes – Andie Mitchell
Pin Share Tweet Independence Day weekend will be a little different for most of us this year, but we can still make some awesome, crowd-pleasing food without the crowds. Here are some of my favorite recipes to enjoy this summer! Salads and Apps Red, White…
How to Pee on the Run – Disposable Urinal Review 127
Podcast: Play in new window | Download Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS Need to pee on the run? Don’t want to duck behind a neighbor’s roses?? Here are my thoughts on the Travel Jane Disposable Urinal – Review….
Mocktail Printable Recipe Book | The Leaf Nutrisystem Blog
Each of these delicious Summer Mocktail recipes gives you a refreshing, fruity drink to enjoy while you relax in the sunshine by the pool. The best part is they can be made in minutes with this easy-to-follow recipe book that features five refreshing recipes that…
Marathon Training Day 1 – Video Diary?
I mentioned at the start of this year that I wanted to get back to daily running blog updates. But there were several speed bumps that got in the way… staying at AirBnBs, then my friend’s house and finally the COVID19 pandemic all impacted both…