by Phebe Rendulic
Sure, it’s simple to buy some generic cards or sticker labels from the post office. But if you want to knock the socks off the person on the receiving end of your gift, make it even more special by hand-drawing your own gift tags. If you’re not the best artist in the world, kick your doodles up a notch with some snazzy markers (like the colour-blending pens we’ve used below). Original, cute and super-easy to do!
– plain card A4 or A3 (depending on how many gifts you have to give!)
– hole puncher
– scissors/pinking shears
– raffia or twine
– Chameleon Fineliners
– Chameleon Pens
– Chameleon Color Tops
1. Measure and cut the card down to pieces around 3 x 6”. Use scissors to round out the corners or pinking shears to create zig-zag edges. Pop a hole in the top with a hole-puncher.
2. Now you get to be as creative and experimental as your heart desires. Grab some scrap paper to test ways you can blend colours and create gradients to get your preferred effect. If you’re keen to use the Chameleon Fineliners, simply remove the cap of one pen and top it with the cap of a different colour. Hold the pen uprightto allow it to fuse with the new colour. Do some scribbles and presto: watch as the colours meld into one another.
3. For a fuller look, combine Chameleon Pens, which have a thicker nib, with the Chameleon Color Tops. You can even blend multiple colours together with one pen and multiple caps.
4. As well as blending colours and creating gradients, the pens can be used to create new shades of colours. Layer on top of each other to get the desired shade.
5. Once you’re done practicing, go nuts with the gift tags! Native Australian flora is always a classic. If you’re after inspiration, go for a wander around the block. I managed to nab some gumnuts in Brunswick West, an unexpected treat. When you’re happy, thread the raffia through the hole, and tie your handmade tag around your gift.
To see more craftiness from Phebe Rendulic, head right here.
Welcome Levi! – Andie Mitchell
He’s here!! I couldn’t be happier to introduce you to Levi, born Saturday, September 26, 2020. He came into the world as sweet as can be, “vigorous” as the nurse described him, weighing 8 lb 4.6 oz, and we’re just so in love with…
21 Best Running Songs Playlist 2020
List of the 21 BEST new Running Songs for your playlist. Add this new music to your run or workout playlist so the miles fly by fast! Today’s Fun Run Challenge is to update your playlist. It’s a simple but effective hack to help you…
Snack Recipes Under 200 Calories
Pumpkin spice, sweet caramel, crisp apples and maple syrup—all the flavors of fall you crave, for far fewer calories. We’ve rounded up our favorite autumn-themed snack recipes that will fit easily into your Nutrisystem program. 7 Reasons Nutrisystem Is the Perfect Fall Weight Loss Plan…