Our next craft adventure with the Wulf Family is all about Fairy Garden DIY ideas. This came about after a combination of making our doll furniture video and butterfly crafts video because we had some leftover supplies we could use to make fairy garden accessories.
Not quite the $5 Dollar Tree Challenge, but we did go there to grab a couple things. In case you missed our $5 Dollar Tree Challenge video series, check them out here:
- REPURPOSED DIY PENCIL CASES
- DIY JEWELRY MAKING
- THREE UNIQUE DIY PICTURE FRAMES
- BUTTERFLY CRAFT IDEAS FOR ALL AGES
Watch our Video: Fairy Garden DIY Ideas
Here are some tips and details of what we made.
- Popsicle sticks
- Craft sticks
- Straight edge
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Artificial flowers
- Rocks or pebbles
DIY Fairy Garden Accessory Tips and Ideas
- Use an old shipping box or cardboard scraps as “bones” for your furniture, like the base for a firepit or the base for a planter.
- Popsicle sticks can easily be cut into smaller pieces both vertically and horizontally.
- Take apart some artificial flowers with small blooms to decorate houses, swings, etc.
- Hot glue dries quickly, so it is ideal when gluing on sticks.
- An industrial strength adhesive is ideal for gluing rocks or pebbles together. You may need it to dry for 24 hours.
- Twine works well for swings and other fun accessories.
- Search outside for sticks in all sizes and thicknesses, rocks, acorns, etc.
- Rinse your sticks and rocks with water to remove and bugs and allow them to dry completely.
- Save small containers and bottle caps to use as wishing wells, chairs, stools, beds, etc.
The best part of this, is spending time with the kids and letting their imaginations run wild.
You May Also Like
Like it? Pin it!
How to Cook a Delicious Turkey
Very few things instill as much anxiety in the hearts of home cooks as does cooking the traditional Thanksgiving bird. In recent years, there’s been a lot of talk about different and supposedly better ways of cooking your turkey. Deep-frying, brine, smoking, barbecuing. However, when…
Great Gift Ideas for Toddlers 2020
Blocks, Puzzles & Games There are tons of benefits that come from playing with blocks and puzzles. They promote imaginative play, creative expression, experimentation, problem solving, building an awareness of space and shapes, improving fine motor skills, etc. All this to say, a good puzzle…
Run Eat Repeat Holiday List and Survey
Here’s the Run Eat Repeat annual survey and Holiday Card list! Please complete the short survey so I can plan new posts and training plans to help you run your best! The Holiday Card List is completely optional. Please share your information at the end…
Can’t Sleep? Here’s 5 Reasons Why
It’s that time of the night when your eyes are glazing over, you’re yawning uncontrollably and your favorite TV show has started to lose its appeal. You’re exhausted and it’s clear that your body is desperate for a little shut-eye. You crawl under the sheets…