#179: A Funny Byproduct Of Having To Buy Fewer Products
The perks of downsizing continue to show themselves, including a recent realization we had while shopping for curtains and blinds. It was a pretty dramatic contrast of how shopping for this house is different than our previous ones, and it highlighted some exciting freedoms that come along with that. We also take a look at how pandemics of the past have shaped the way our homes look today, including the origin of things like powder rooms, white kitchens, and higher bed frames. Plus, what we really think of our fancy new Frame TV – and can your birthday really help you pick the right plants?
- Here’s a photo of our new curtains in the bedroom. They’re these Emery Linen curtains from Pottery Barn, which are still marked down. We got the Ivory color with the Blackout lining in the 84″ length. Still need to be steamed, but compared to the packing blankets it’s a 1000% improvement.
- Below is the YouTube video from Cheddar that shows how past pandemics and hygiene concerns have already shaped the way our homes look today.
- You can also hear our discussion about how experts predict coronavirus might impact the way we design homes in the future in Episode #174.
- Plus, our deep dive into the history of bathrooms is in Episode #177.
- And if you want to read your plant horoscope, check out this article on which plant is the best fit for your astrological sign.
- That’s Sherry’s nerve plant on the left and my purple shamrock on the right, as illustrated in the article. Click those links for more info and photos of them in real life.
If you’re looking for something we’ve dug in a past episode, but don’t remember which show notes to click into, here’s a master list of everything we’ve been digging from all of our past episodes. You can also see all the books we’ve recommended on our Book Club page.
*This post contains affiliate links*
More posts from Young House Love
Great Summer Cookout Recipes – Andie Mitchell
Pin Share Tweet Independence Day weekend will be a little different for most of us this year, but we can still make some awesome, crowd-pleasing food without the crowds. Here are some of my favorite recipes to enjoy this summer! Salads and Apps Red, White…
How to Pee on the Run – Disposable Urinal Review 127
Podcast: Play in new window | Download Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS Need to pee on the run? Don’t want to duck behind a neighbor’s roses?? Here are my thoughts on the Travel Jane Disposable Urinal – Review….
Mocktail Printable Recipe Book | The Leaf Nutrisystem Blog
Each of these delicious Summer Mocktail recipes gives you a refreshing, fruity drink to enjoy while you relax in the sunshine by the pool. The best part is they can be made in minutes with this easy-to-follow recipe book that features five refreshing recipes that…
Marathon Training Day 1 – Video Diary?
I mentioned at the start of this year that I wanted to get back to daily running blog updates. But there were several speed bumps that got in the way… staying at AirBnBs, then my friend’s house and finally the COVID19 pandemic all impacted both…